A contributing membership is designed for companies, organizations, or individuals who own/ manage forest land or for nurseries operating in the southern US that desire information about the genetic value of loblolly pine. Contributing membership is open to landowners, consultants, nursery owners, and other entities or individuals who want to contribute to the mission of the Cooperative but do not want to own germplasm.
- will receive breeding values and performance information about all Cooperative selections that are planted in their operating territory. Data will be provided for a one-year period and will be provided annually upon renewal of membership.
- will receive advice and consulting concerning the planting and management of genetically improved loblolly pine
- have access to NCSUCTIP research reports
- are encouraged to attend all NCSUCTIP meetings, short courses, and workshops
- have voting rights on all NCSUCTIP matters. A Contributing Member’s vote will be in proportion to the monetary contributions up to the full member contribution. For example, if the Contributing Member pays the maximum fee of $70,000 (see below), the member has 1 vote. If the Contributing Member pays a fee of $35,000, the member has ½ a vote.
- will not have access to germplasm
Fee structure for landowners and consulting/management firms
For landowners and consulting/management firms, the annual dues/fees for a Contributing Membership will be based upon the number of acres of loblolly pine plantations owned or managed by the member that are being planted with seedlings that originated from the NCSUCTIP breeding program.
The fee structure is:
- $2.625 per planted acre of loblolly pine planted with seedlings that originated from the NCSUCTIP breeding program.
- Dues would be assessed based on the previous year’s acreage of plantations established
Fee structure for nurseries
For nurseries, the annual dues/fees for a Contributing Membership will be based upon the number of loblolly pine seedlings (e.g. any regeneration propagules) sold that originated from the NCSUCTIP breeding program.
The fee structure for nurseries is:
- $0.00525 per loblolly pine seedling sold or $5.25 per thousand (This $0.00525 per seedling planted equates to $2.625 per acre regenerated, assuming that the 500 trees per acre are planted).
- Dues would be assessed based on the previous year’s seedling sales
For any Contributing Member, the minimum annual fee is $5,250. The maximum annual fee is $70,000
The fee is subject to revision by the Advisory Committee. There is no entrance fee for Contributing Members.
Admission of new Contributing Members requires a recommendation for admission by the Director of the Program and a majority vote for acceptance by the Advisory Committee.
Admission of new members will not be arbitrarily withheld.